Adapted from NG (Jun 2017)
- Health-care Delivery (Rwanda): Medical Centers in the hilly country can order emergency blood supplies by text message and receive them via drone within 30 minutes.
- Vulture Monitoring (Mongolia): Drones watch the nests of the world’s largest vulture species to ensure that the population is healthy.
- Coral Mapping (American Samoa): In 2013 a Stanford University student created a drone to map coral reefs off Ofu island to assess climatic change’s impact.
- Peacekeeping (Democratic Republic of the Congo): The United Nations first deployed drones in peacekeeping mission here in 2013 and has since used them in Mali and the Central African Republic.
- Mapping Ecosystems (Tanzania): Here drones are being used to map the Jozani Forest around Zanzibar and study changes.