Here are a few of the smaller (or lesser know museums) that I have enjoyed recently:
- National Steinbeck Center in Salinas, California;
- Rodin Museum in Paris,
- Vasa Museum in Stockholm, Sweden;
- Frans Hals Museum in Haarlem, The Netherlands;
- National Museum in Addis Ababa (human evolution floor), Ethiopia;
- Gilgal Gardens (outdoor sculpture park) in Salt Lake City;
- French Fry (Frite) Museum (somewhat whimzical) in Bruge, Belgium; and
- National Art Museum of Catalonia (great collection of Romanesque art) in Barcelona, Spain
- Flying Boat Museum in Foyne, Ireland
During my LDS Franco-Belgian Mission during the 1960s, I enjoyed visiting;
- Musee de l’Oeuvre Notre Dame located next to the Strasbourg Cathedral, France, and
- Unterlinden Museum in Colmar, France.
On my bucket list are:
- Stavitsky Nukus Museum in Uzbekistan (modern Russian and central Asian art); and
- Nation Museum of Sudan, Khartoum, and the National Museum (Faras Gallery), Warsaw, Poland, for their displays of early medieval Christian Nubian art.
There is not an underlying theme to these museums and gardens. Just interesting subject matter and well laid out displays.